All of us have come along appealing reports on events or instances on several occasions. Many times has it been that you desired to come up with your good ones but remember ’many’ is a word that only leaves you guessing, guessing about something you really ought to know. A little help shall bring forth your underlying art of expressing yourself through pen.
Sine-qua-non for a good report:
- The very first thing required shall be the audience interest you aim at; say intend your report for corporate people about a specific corporate event. The prime intension should be focussed upon the list of events, the firm representatives who took the trouble to show and other eminent personalities.
- Secondly, your report needs to carry all important details in a nutshell; debriefing facts is not a part of your task. The list of events along with food and drinks shall be very specifically mentioned.
- Thirdly, your stress should rest upon the words allotted to you; you cannot go on blabbing about facts. Remember no one has enough time to read all through, so target to points and make it a brief description.
- Purpose of the report with its type and length needs to be taken care of.
- Analytical skills are very important, you ought to have good command over the language and mistakes shall never be entertained.
Vital Steps to be followed:
Follow the assignment guidelines correctly
- Introduction should be to the point; like date and place of occurrence of the event is mandatory to be mentioned.
- Rest comes the body and conclusion
- Research on the topic that has been provided and then create a rough sketch on whatever you intend to cover.
- After creation of your outline, jot the vital points and then start writing
- After you are done with your report, detach yourself from your report for a few days (if handy with time) such that you might have a look with fresh eyes.
- Finally, re-edit and format
Your coveted report is ready for the admiration to be drawn.
Read this Article in: Français (French)