The sugar cookies are basically the cookies which are made from sugar vanilla, eggs, butter, flour or baking soda or baking powder. These sugar cookies are made by hand and rolled into various shapes. These are usually decorated with the sprinkles, frosting, or may be the combination of these both.
However, these sugar cookies can be cut in different figures according to the choice of an individual. In various parts of North America, these sugar cookies are one of the popular food items in holidays of Christmas as well as Halloween.
- Two teaspoons of pure vanilla extracts
- Two large eggs
- Royal icing
- Two cups of sugar
- Eight ounces (approximately two sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- Half teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- Four cups of sifted flour, (keep some more for the surface and if required)
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 2 hours 9 minutes
Method to make Sugar Cookies
- First of all preheat the oven up to the temperature range of approximately 375 degree Fahrenheit. Let one of the disks of dough to remain at the room temperature until it becomes soft enough for rolling, till ten minutes. Now, roll out the dough on work surface which is lightly floured up to quarter inch thick, and add some more flour as required. Also, avoid dough from sticking. Now, chill it in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes.
- Now take a small ball and mix the baking powder, baking soda and flour with each other.
- After that now you have to cream together the butter as wheel as sugar until these ingredients becomes smooth. Now, roll the rounded teaspoons until they get smooth. In the next step you have to place these rounded teaspoons full of dough in ball stand after that place it in an ungreased cookie sheets.
- Now, bake these cookies for at least eight to ten minutes until their color turn into golden. Let stand the cookie sheets for 2 minutes. After this you can also decorate these cookies with the royal icing.
- When you are done with this whole process, it means your sugar cookies are ready to serve.
Read this Article in:Français (French)