The popularity of ceiling fans has been increased to a great extent and the main reason behind this is that these are capable of saving more energy as compared to the other appliances. Additionally, it is also important to keep in mind that with growing homeowners and energy savvy requirement of appliances, the ceiling fan is the best option. However, the installation of the ceiling fan can be a tricky part if you are not aware of right procedure. There are many people who find great difficulty in the installation of ceiling fans. If you also have doubts regarding the installation of the ceiling fan, then you can refer the following points
How to install a ceiling fan?
- First of all turn off the circuit breaker or fuse at service panel.
- If you are not able to find any light fixture at the centre, find center of room. For this you can also take the measurements if you want install accurately in the center of your room.
- The next step is the installation of junction box.
- Attach U-bolt assembly to brace such that assembly is basically centered in hole and bolts facing down. Thread the cable into cable connector and in the box.
- Thread wires in the center of mounting plate. Additionally, if box has the mounting bolts which poke through plate, fit mounting plates over bolts and after that fasten it with help of the nuts.
- Use the helper for supporting fan motors when you drive screws.
- If brackets of the ceiling fan are not of the uniform shape, then it is important that you should get the replacements. Also make sure that side of blade which you are planning to face down should also be attached in that way.
These are some of the important steps which are involved in n the installation of ceiling fans.