There are many types of trout, the most famous types are the rainbow trout and the arctic char. They are very close to salmon but you should not confuse the two. Eating of trout has a lot of health benefits. Fish are known to have proteins. People feel that trout is fatty but most of the fat is not bad. It is simply the fat which comes out of omega -3 fatty acids. Trout does have some cholesterol but those who eat it in moderation this will not adversely impact them. 3 ounces of trout has about 19 grams of proteins. That is a lot and will see to your protein requirement during the day.
Trout also have vitamins and minerals. It has vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and niacin. It does have small traces of iron and calcium, but not too much. They have a lot of potassium and phosphorus. They also have selenium. The omega 3 fatty acids protect the heart from heart diseases and also prevent the clogging of arteries. It reduces the bad cholesterol in the body while increasing the good cholesterol. It also protects from gout.
- 2 pounds of trout
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon parsley (freshly minced)
- 2 tablespoons basil (freshly mince)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (freshly minced)
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 20 minutes [preparation time = 10 minutes + cooking time = 10 minute]
- Mix the olive oil, basil, rosemary, parsley and garlic.
- Slice the fish
- Place the above paste inside the fish
- Now refrigerate the fish for 2 hours.
- Now preheat a grill and oil it
- Inside the grill sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper
- Grill each side for about 5 minutes in medium heat
- Now remove the fish from the grill very carefully and serve.
- Serves 4 –
Points to be remembered:
- This trout recipe works best with whole fish. As it allows the complete paste to go inside the fish and one person eats one whole fish. It is also easier to grill this way.