Meat of bovines especially cattle like cows, steers, bulls and heifers is called beef. Beef can be made in to steak, roast and so many other things. It has proteins, fat , vitamin B12, and fat. It also has iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and lots of zinc.
Also it has traces of vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin D, calcium, vitamin B9 and vitamin B3. Beef is the healthiest single food that is available.
- 1.5 kgs of beef (good quality)
- 2 carrots
- 2 medium sized onions
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 garlic pod
- 1 bunch of thyme, bay or sage and rosemary mixture
- Olive oil for cooking
- Black pepper freshly ground
Cooking time: Cannot be ascertained
- To make your beef preparation takes out the beef out of your fridge half an hour before it goes in to your oven. Preheat the oven to 240 degree Celsius. There is no need to peel the vegetables, you just have to wash them and chop them well. Now take garlic in to cloves and let them be unpeeled.
- Pile all the vegetables, Garlic and herbs to the middle of a large roasting tray and sprinkle olive oil and season well with pepper and salt. Rub it all through the mean. Place the beef over the vegetables.
- Put the roasting tray in to a pre heated oven. Turn the heat low to 200 degree Celsius and cook it for 1 hour for medium beef. If you like it medium rare you have to take it out 15 minutes before. For well done you should leave it in for 15 minutes more.
- If you want to do roast potatoes and vegetables, put them in to the oven for the last 45 minutes of the baking. Now add splashes of water to keep the beef burning.
- When the beef is cooked as per your need, take the tray out of the oven and put the beef on a board and let it rest for about 15 minutes. Now cover it it silver foil and a table napkin.
- Serves 6 to 8