Pork chops is a popular food item and is made on almost all special occasions. It is also a regular home food for the Americans. It contains the pig vertebrae or ribs and is usually slices that are cut perpendicular to the pig’s spine. Pork Chops are grilled, roasted, fried and even stuffed. An average American eats about 50 pounds of pork a year. Apart from being very tasty pork chops are very healthy too.
They contain a lot of zinc, proteins and all the B vitamins. It also has low fat, low saturated, moderate amounts of cholesterol and moderate amounts of sodium. Pork is also a rich source of iron and is very good for those who suffer from anaemia. Pork liver especially is very good as it contains iron, vitamin A, releases energy and helps in cell development too.
- 4 thick slices of boneless pork
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 large apple cubed
- 1 and ½ cups of apple sauce the unsweetened variety
- 2 cups of apple juice
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of curry powder ground
- 1 hour total [preparation time 20 minutes + baking time 40 minutes]
- Marinate the pork chops with pepper and salt. Now fry the pork slices in a large pan with some oil. Once brown allow the other side to go brown.
- Arrange the pork chops in a baking dish.
- Add butter to the same pan and cook for sometime in low heat.
- Now add the diced apple and onion until it is caramelized.
- Add the apple sauce, garlic and curry powder. Now add the salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the chops and cover the dish with a foil.
- Now put the pork chops in the bake of 200 degrees Celsius and allow it to bake for 40 minutes. Until the time pork is thoroughly cooked.
Points to be remembered:
- Fry the onions till they release a sweet taste, helps in caramelizing the pork chops and add a lovely sweet taste to the item naturally.