Plantains are a type of banana and are used in cooking. In 100 grams of plantains there will be about 122 calories. It has vitamin A, vitamin C, VitaminB6, magnesium, and iron. It does not contain any calcium or vitamin B12. It has potassium, sodium, carbohydrates, dietary fibres and sugars.
It does not contain any cholesterol. Plantains can be steamed, baked, boiled, fried or baked. Even chips made out of plantains are very popular. Plantains are very low in calories and are recommended to obese patients.
- Green Plantains
- Paper towel
- Aluminum Foil
Cooking time: Cannot be ascertained
- Wash the plantains under fresh running water
- Cut the end of each plantain
- Cut the outer layer of plantain and make cut in line right through the plantains
- Now take off the skin of the green plantain and it will now look like a banana to you.
- As after you remove the green cover a creamy colour base emerges.
- Now warm a pan with oil and out in on high for about 3 minutes
- On a cutting board cut plantains to about 1 inch in size and it will now look like a cube.
- Once the oil is hot lower the heat and place your plantain cubes on the pan.
- Let them fry till about golden brown
- Once crispy take them out and place on a tissue to soak up the excess oil
Read this Article in: Français (French)