Some of the types of pasta are fusili, fedelini, pellizzoni, spaghetti, spaghettini, vermicelli, ziti, lasagne, bavette, fettuce, bavettine, lasagnette, soba, pici, udon, pillus, pizzoccheri, scialatelli, shahe fen and so many more varities are all available in the markets.
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 4 cups pasta
- 2 tablespoons of garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- Butter as needed
- 1 tablespoons of herbs dried
- 1 cup broccoli
- ¼ cup sweet corn
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup carrots
- ½ cup French beans
- 2 tablespoons of cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Cooking time: 30 to 40 minutes
- Boil pasta in water with some salt. Drain out the water and allow the pasta to cool.
- Add some salt to the broccoli and let the broccoli steam for about 3 minutes.
- In a pan heat olive oil and add onions and let the onions turn translucent add garlic and cook for some more time on low heat.
- Now add the French beans and carrots and stir fry.
- For the sauce in a bowl add some flour, 1/3 of the milk and stir to a smooth paste. Also add the melted butter and set this mixture aside. Make sure the mixture is smooth and there are no clumps.
- Add mushrooms. Sweet corn and the dried herbs in the pan and cook for about 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add the sauce mixture to the mushrooms till they start to bubble.
- Now add pasta and stir fry for a while till pasta get completely mixed with the mixture.
- Now add more salt, pepper and the broccoli.
- At last add the cheese.
- Serves 4
Points to be remembered
- If the white sauce gets a bit lumpy just pass the mixture through a sieve to get back a good smooth paste.