Chicken salad is one of the favorite treats in various households. One of the best parts of chicken salad is that it is very easy to make and is delicious. Moreover, it is good at any time of the day whether it is for a dinner, breakfast or lunch.
It is one of the popular salads of the United States. It was first served by the Town meats in Rhode Island in 1863. The real owner of the shop mixed his leftover chicken with grapes, tarragon and mayonnaise. After that it gained so much popularity that the whole meat market was changed in to a delicatessen.
- Chopped Yellow peppers
- Chopped Radishes
- Chopped Celery
- Black olives
- Squeezed lemon juice
- Pepper and salt
- Chopped Carrots
- Chicken (should be cut in small pieces)
Preparation time – 10 minutes
- Prepare all ingredients of salad and after that toss them in a big bowl together.
- In the next step prepare the dressing of the chicken salad in smaller bowl separately. You can also mix lemon juice, preserves and mayonnaise. Taste it in order to make sure that there is the right balance in acidity as well as the sweetness of the salad. It is also important that the dressing on salad should neither be too sweet nor too sour. You can add the required amounts of lemon juice or preserves according to your preferences. After that add pepper as well as salt to the salad.
- Now, stir the dressing gently ingredients of chicken salad. Taste it and add pepper and more salt if necessary.
- When you have finished this whole process, then it means your chicken salad is ready to serve.
Points to remember
- You can also employ the leftover chicken meat for the salad whether it is without skin or with skin.
- To poach the chicken for this salad, begin with some boneless and skinless chicken breasts and then cut into large pieces. Bring 2 quarter pot of the salted water to rolling boiled water. By this the chicken will easily absorb the salt and pepper.
Read this Article in: Français (French)