Broccoli belongs to the cabbage family and is green in colour. It is very rich in Vitamin C. Also it has Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Magnesium, Calcium and Iron. It has absolutely no cholesterol and zero saturated fat. It is a significant source of potassium and sodium. It would have about 34 calories in every 100 grams.
The highest producer of Broccoli is the People’s Republic of China, followed by India and then the United States. It is a crop that needs cool weather and grows well in temperatures of 18 to 23 degrees and does not grow well in poor weather.
- ½ a cup water (maybe more as per requirements)
- 3 tablespoons of corn starch
- ½ teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 lb steak/ charcoal chuck steak , cut in to strips of about 3 inches
- 2 tablespoons of oil – olive oil
- 4 cups of broccoli
- 1 onion – small and should be cut in to cubes
- 1/3 soy sauce with less amounts of sodium
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon if ginger ground
- Steamed rice (hot)
- 25 minutes [ preparation time = 15 minutes + cooking time = 10 minutes]
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the corn starch and garlic powder and water in a large deep bowl. Mix this paste till it is smooth and has a thick consistency.
- Now add the beef cubes and toss them in to the mixture already prepared.
- Now take a huge wok and make the heat to medium and add the beef cubes and stir fry with oil.
- Continue to stir till the beef till it becomes soft and well done. Now remove the cubes and keep aside in a dry plate but ensure that it is warm.
- Add the broccoli and cubed onion pieces and fry them in some more oil till about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Now go back to the beef pan.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce, ground ginger and corn starch and water. Add this mix to the pan.
- Now allow it to cook for about 2 or 3 minutes
- Serve with rice.