The banana bread is basically sweet bread which we made up of the mashed bananas, toasted nuts and ground cinnamon. Some of these might also use the chocolate in order to improve the taste of the dish.
This bread was firstly made in the United States and it became one of the popular since it was very easy to cook and one of the delicious dishes. However, it is also important to note that the banana bread is actually different from most of the other breads since it is considered as the quick bread and employs the baking powder. Moreover, you can also find many variations in the banana bread. In this type of dish the dry foods are actually mixed in a bowl.
If we talk about the history of the banana bread, then we can say that it was featured in one of the American cookbooks which put emphasis of employing the baking soda in the dish. However, this dish got a wide acceptance in different parts of world.
- One and half cup of flour
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- One teaspoon of vanilla
- One beaten egg
- One cup of sugar however can also be reduced to the 3/4 cup
- One third cup of melted butter
- 3 to 4 ripe and smashed bananas
- Preparation time: Five minutes
- Cook time: One hour
- First of all preheat the oven up to the temperature of 175 degrees Celsius. After that lightly grease 9×5 inches of loaf.
- Use a large bowl and mix all the items such as salt and baking soda. After that in a separate bowl mix the cream as well as brown sugar and butter. Stir the mashed bananas and eggs until they are well blended. In addition to this also stir the banana mixture with the flour mixture. You can also moisten to stir. When you have mixed the mixtures pour some batter in the prepared loaf.
- Bake this in a preheated oven. Preheat this mixture until the toothpick which was inserted in the mixture comes out clearly from the loaf and when it comes cool this pan for approximately ten minutes and then turn onto wire rack.
Read this Article in:Français (French)