The Architecture students need to use powerful CAD (Computer aided design) and other modeling software. The laptops for Architecture students must be selected carefully after checking the detailed system configuration, system requirements of architectural software and comparing the prices. The key specifications of the laptop that you must check are:
1) Processor: The processor must be at least 4th generation Intel i7 with clock speed of 2.0 GHz or higher.
2) Memory/RAM: The software for Architecture utilize a huge chunk of RAM and for multitasking at least 8GB RAM is required, however for best performance 16 GB is recommended.
3) Graphics Card: Discrete graphic card is necessary as hardcore graphic software such as Rhino, Adobe creative suite, 3DsMax, Photoshop, ArchCAD, Revit etc. will be used. You must select a system with a video card that is at least 2 GB and can select NVidia or AMD Radeon card.
4) Hard drive/Solid State drive/Hybrid drive: The HDD must be at least 500 GB and the SSD is preferred over HDD. You can also use a hybrid drive with both SSD and HDD. The Operating system and other software that you need to use frequently in Architecture can be installed in SSD as it is fast and efficient and other software can be stored in HDD.
5) Operating System: You can use MAC as well as Windows depending upon your preference. The windows version must be 8.1 or higher and for MAC OS X Mavericks or higher must be used.
6) Display size and resolution: The display must be 15 inch or higher in size and the resolution must be at least 1920 by 1080 or higher.
We are mentioning the best laptops for architecture students for the year 2016 which meet all the required specifications.
The ROG GL552VW-DH 71 from Asus is a laptop designed for gaming and can be used for professional architecture as well due to its excellent configuration. The system is powered by latest 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6700 HQ processor and has a clock speed of 2.6 GHz. The 2 GB NVidia GeForce GTX 960 M graphic card and 16GB RAM make the laptop ideal for architectural usage. The 15.6 inches IPS FHD display panel provides a resolution of 1920 by 1080 pixels that offer crisp and clear image quality with attention to details. The 1TB HDD and 128 GB SSD improves the system’s efficiency and provides enough space for storing files and folders. You can check the configuration and price details on the following link:
#2 Microsoft Surface Book
The Microsoft Surface Book is the innovative and future of laptop computing with all the features of a high performance laptop and the versatility of the tablet. The system with 2.6 GHz quad-core i7 processor from Intel, NVidia GeForce GPU, 16GB memory, 512GB SSD and ultra – thin 13.5-inch touch screen display offers ultimate performance. The resolution of the display is 3000 by 2000 pixels and Surface pen is included which can be used to mark up presentations, take notes, sign documents etc. The system comes preinstalled with Win 10 Professional. For further information about the product please click on the following link:
# 3 Apple MacBook Pro 15.4” with Retina Display
The Apple MacBook Pro with its 4th generation 2.8 GHz quad-core processor with turbo boost up to 4.0 GHz, 16 GB Memory, and 15.4-inch display is ideal for Architecture students. Preinstalled with Mac OS X and 2 GB AMD Radeon R9 M370X video card the system comes with a groundbreaking retina display. The laptop offers superior performance and a spectacular screen resolution of 2880 by 1800 pixel providing life-like images. The battery life is up to 9 hours. Check the further details in the following link:
#4 MSI GE 72 Apache Pro-242 17.3”
This laptop is powered by Intel i7-5700 HQ 2.7 GHz processor and will be quite suitable for students pursuing architecture. The discrete graphic card NVidia GeForce GTX 970 M (3GB GDDR 5 VRAM GPU) is based on 2nd generation Maxwell architecture and is one of the most powerful GPU’s in the market. The 5th generation GDDR of the GPU is faster than the GDDR3. The dual cooling system of the laptop prevents it from overheating and allows you to work without any issues even when the system is overclocking.
The system memory is 16 GB makes the multitasking on architecture software convenient. The clear and crisp image is displayed by the 17-inch display with 1920 by 1080 pixel resolution. The HDD has a capacity of 1 TB and runs at 7200 RPM and provides enough space for storage of your data. You can find further information about the product and its configuration by clicking on following link:
The Acer Aspire V17 notebook comes with 4th Generation Intel i7 -4720HQ processor with the clock speed of 2.6 GHz and turbo boost technology up to 3.6 GHz. The system comes with 16 GB DDR 3 Memory and 1 TB of HDD along with 256 GB of SSD.
The system comes with a large screen size of 17.3 inches and NVidia GeForce GTX 960 M video card. The graphic intensive architectural programs will run without any issues on the system. The system has 4 hours battery life and comes preinstalled with Windows 8.1. Check the following link for the details:
The system comes with 2.6GHz 4th generation Intel Quad-Core i7-4720 HQ Processor with turbo frequency of 3.6 GHz. The 4GB NVidia GeForce GTX 860 M with 16 GB RAM, 512GB SSD provide optimum performance with architectural software. Windows 8.1 is preinstalled in the touchscreen system and a free upgrade to windows 10 is available. The screen resolution is 1920 by 1080 and the average battery life is 5 hours. For checking the further details click on this link:
The systems we have recommended are based upon the specifications provided by the various educational institutions. We have done a thorough research on the latest systems available that can be used by students for running the Architectural software without any glitches.